“There is very little involvement with the characters themselves…a generally good cast in cardboard roles.” – Variety
Other structures, the same as where the Space Jockey/ Engineer’s ship is concealed can been seen as they land in the Prometheus on LV-223.
Scott removed translation (it works better dramatically). Apparently the line that David speaks to the Engineer is from a longer sequence that didn’t make the final edit. Dr. Anil Biltoo (who appears onscreen as the holographic linguistics teacher) of London’s SOAS Language Centre and taught Fassbender (David) how to speak in Proto-Indo-European (PIE) language. Says: ‘This man is here because he does not want to die. He believes you can give him more life’
David did as directed by Weyland. Engineer is infuriated.
Is that first planet in the prologue Earth?
Ridley Scott says: No, it doesn’t have to be. That could be anywhere. That could be a planet anywhere. All he’s doing is acting as a gardener in space. And the plant life, in fact, is the disintegration of himself.
Was David’s basketball toss a nod to Alien Resurrection?
Writer Lindelof says: Nothing is an accident in Prometheus. Every single decision that is made by Ridley Scott is made for a very specific reason and purpose.
What are the different effects of the Black Goo/Bio-Former?
- Engineer + Goo + Water = Human life
- Goo + Human = Human Mutant
- Goo (ingested) + Intercourse = Giant squid/face hugger-like Trilobite
- Trilobite + Engineer = Alien form (similar to that in the Alien Series)
- Goo + Animal(worm)/Insect = Animal/Insect Mutant
Is Peter Weyland related to Charles Weyland and Bishop II, is there a link with Bishop?
- Peter Weyland (Prometheus)is the founder and CEO of Weyland Corporation and is not related to Bishop II.
- Bishop (Aliens/ Alien 3) is an android built by the Weyland-Yutani Corporation.
- Bishop II (Alien 3) is the man who designed the Bishop Android.
- Charles Weyland (AvP) is not linked in any way to Peter. The Alien Versus Predator film series is considered a spin-off and not canon to the Alien or Predator franchises.
Note: Although a debate among fans whether Bishop II is a real person or an Android filmmakers confirm he was indeed human. However, in some of the expanded Alien universe “Bishop II” is referred to as Michael Weyland, so if that’s the case he could be a great-nephew of Peter Weyland’s. (Peter Weyland mentions he didn’t have any sons, so unless he had daughters who kept his name, Michael Weyland would likely not be a direct descendant)
Is this date setting up an announcement at Comic Con or just a novel way to plug the DVD/Blu-ray release? Only time will tell, but with Prometheus being a financial success and rousing lots of debate amongst fans, a sequel seems somewhat inevitable.